The first step is to install btcd. See one of the following sections for details on how to install on the supported operating systems.
GPG Verification Key¶
All official release tags are signed by Conformal so users can ensure the code has not been tampered with and is coming from the btcsuite developers. To verify the signature perform the following:
Download the Conformal public key: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/btcsuite/btcd/master/release/GIT-GPG-KEY-conformal.txt
Import the public key into your GPG keyring:
gpg --import GIT-GPG-KEY-conformal.txt
Verify the release tag with the following command where
TAG_NAMEis a placeholder for the specific tag:
git tag -v TAG_NAME
- Install the MSI available at: btcd windows installer
- Launch btcd from the Start Menu
- Install Go according to the installation instructions
- Ensure Go was installed properly and is a supported version:
go version go env GOROOT GOPATH
GOPATH above must not be the same path. It is
GOPATH is set to a directory in your home directory such as
~/goprojects to avoid write permission issues. It is also recommended to add
$GOPATH/bin to your
PATH at this point.
- Run the following commands to obtain btcd, all dependencies, and install it:
git clone https://github.com/btcsuite/btcd $GOPATH/src/github.com/btcsuite/btcd cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/btcsuite/btcd GO111MODULE=on go install -v . ./cmd/...
- btcd (and utilities) will now be installed in
$GOPATH/bin. If you did not already add the bin directory to your system path during Go installation, we recommend you do so now.
Gentoo Linux Installation¶
- Install Layman and enable the Bitcoin overlay.
- Copy or symlink
- Install btcd:
$ emerge net-p2p/btcd